- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1 cup butter cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
Combine the 2 cups of flour and powdered sugar. Add the cold butter and cut in until the mixture is well combined.
Reserve 1 cup of the crust for the topping. Press the remaining crust into the prepared 9 by 13-inch pan.
Place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes
While the crust is baking mix together the filling. Place the room temperature cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add the sugar and lemon zest, mix until combined. Add the eggs and mix just until the eggs are mixed in.
Sift together the 3 tablespoons of flour and baking powder and mix in.
Pour in the lemon juice and mix in.
Once the crust is baked remove from the oven and pour the filling over the crust. Take the reserved crumbs and sprinkle over the filling.
Place the bars back into the oven and continue to back for 28 to 32 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Do not substitute margine for butter when making the crust.
- Use room temperature eggs and cream cheese for the filling.
- Cool the bars completely before cutting them.
- These lemon cream cheese bars do not have to be stored in the refrigerator.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 7.7g | Saturated Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 10.6g | Calcium: 12mg