- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 large chicken breast cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes 2 cans
- 15 ounces chili beans
- 15 ounces no-salt black beans rinsed
- 15 ounces no-salt-added kidney beans rinsed
- 7 ounces green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery to the Dutch oven. Cook the vegetable until they start to get tender.
Add the chicken and all canned items; stir until the ingredients are combined. Add the spices and stir until all are blended.
Bring to a boil, once the chili starts to boil turn down to medium-low and simmer for 1 to 2 hours so that all flavors of the ingredients blend together.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Use fresh onion instead of onion powder.
- Cook chili at least 1 to 2 hours for better flavor.
- Taste the chili as you add ingredients to make sure it fits your taste.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fat: 5.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 796mg | Fiber: 9.5g | Sugar: 10.6g | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg