- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil divided
- 1 pound ground pork
- 14 ounces coleslaw mix about 6 cups
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 green onions sliced
In a large skillet add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil and the chopped onions. Saute over medium heat until the onions start to get tender about 5 minutes
Add the garlic and the ginger and saute for another minute.
Add the ground pork and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink.
Add the coleslaw mix and shredded carrots and toss in. Continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. The cabbage and carrots should still have a little crunch to them.
Add the soy sauce, the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil, and white wine vinegar and stir in.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the green onions and toss in. If desired reserve some of the green onions to garnish when serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used. Rice is not included in the nutritional information.
- Used ground meat for the best results. If pork is not desired use ground chicken, turkey, or beef.
- Make this recipe in a large skillet. You will need room to toss in the cabbage.
- Change up the recipe by adding a variety of vegetables such as mushrooms, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, or bamboo shoots.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.2g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22.2g | Saturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1.2g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg