- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 19 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
In a Dutch oven or soup pot add the olive oil, onions, celery, and carrots. Sautee until the vegetables begin to soften 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
When carrots and celery are tender add the tortellini and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are done
Add the cooked chicken, Italian season, and salt and pepper (if you prefer to not add the salt and pepper that is fine). Simmer until chicken is heated through.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Saute vegetable to add a robust flavor to the soup.
- Cut the vegetable in consistence sizes so they cook evenly.
- Add salt at the end of the cooking, so not to over salt.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 20.5g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 316mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 1.4g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg