- 1 pound hamburger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups potatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 32 ounces beef broth low sodium
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese
Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven or a large soup pot over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the meat and drain any grease.
Add the butter to the Dutch oven along with the onions and celery cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes longer.
Sprinkle the vegetables with the flour. Stir until well blended. Slowly add the beef broth stirring constantly and then stir in the half and half.
Add in the drained diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and pickles and stir in.
Cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes and add to the soup. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Bring to a boil, once it starts to boil reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and desired thickness.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Use low sodium beef broth.
- Saute vegetables before adding them to the soup
- The soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- This soup will not freeze well because of the dairy products.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.8g | Fat: 39.1g | Saturated Fat: 16.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 628g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1675mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 9.9g | Calcium: 546mg | Iron: 2mg