- 2 pounds sweet potatoes About 4 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scrub sweet potatoes and stick them with a fork several times.
Place on a baking dish and roasted the sweet potatoes for about an hour or until they are tender. Remove them from the oven.
Take a sharp knife and cut the sweet potatoes down the middle and pull them apart. Be careful because they are very hot. Scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and place into a mixing bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and with a potato masher or an electric hand mixer mix until the ingredients are well blended and potatoes are fluffy.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Make sure to scrub the potatoes and poke several times with a fork.
- The cream cheese and butter should be at room temperature before adding them to the sweet potatoes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the skins of the potatoes once they are roasted. Use a large spoon or a fork to help remove the skins.
- Be careful removing the skins from the potatoes they will be very hot.
- Store the leftover sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- The potatoes heat up nicely in the microwave.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.8g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5.5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 1258mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 3.7g | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg