- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In a medium bowl mix together the flour and the powdered sugar. Add the butter and cut in until the mixture is well combined.
Add the dough to the prepared baking pan and pat it in so it is even.
Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
In another medium bowl beat together the sugar, eggs, 1/4 cup flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest for about 1 minuter.
Pour the filling over the baked crust. Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack, cool completely. Sprinkle the top of the bars with powdered sugar.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with the brands of ingredients used.
- When removing the zest of the lemon, take just the yellow peel. Do not use the white lining of lemon called the pith. The pith has a bitter flavor.
- Use a strainer to sprinkle the powdered sugar over the top of the bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container on the counter for 2 to 3 days.
- Bars freeze well. Place in an airtight container for up to a month or two.
- The frozen bars can be eaten right out of the freezer or set on the counter to thaw.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.9g | Protein: 2.4g | Fat: 8.7g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 2.7g | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg