- 2 5 ounce cans tuna
- 2 tablespoons green peppers finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Olive oil
Drain as much of the liquid from the tuna. Chop the vegetables so they are finely chopped.
Add all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except for 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, using a spoon, fork, or by hand mix until well combined
Using about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of the tuna mixture make into cakes/patties.
When the cakes are made coat each one with the remaining bread crumbs.
Place in the refrigerator for a least one hour.
Add enough olive oil to a non-stick skillet to coat the bottom of the skillet. Heat over medium heat. Once the skillet is warmed add the tuna cakes. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, then flip over and fry for another 3 four minutes. Serve while hot.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with the brands of ingredients used.
- Drain as much of the liquid from the canned tuna as you can.
- Finely chop the vegetables so they can cook thoroughly.
- Once you make the tuna cakes stick them in the refrigerator for at least one hour to firm up, before frying them.
- To reheat the cakes you can microwave them until the desired temperature or add a little olive oil to a skillet and heat.
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.2g | Protein: 19.2g | Fat: 5.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 1.5g | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg