- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 15 ounce can black bean rinsed.
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 48 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onions, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender about 6 to 8 minutes. Stirring frequently so the vegetables do not brown.
Add the chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, chiles, and salsa and stir in.
Stir in the seasoning except for the salt and pepper.
Add the chicken broth and stir in. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Bring the soup to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- You can use chicken thighs, chicken breast, leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken.
- Before adding the black beans make sure to rinse thoroughly.
- To reheat the soup heat in the microwave or stovetop to the desired temperature.
- The soup can be frozen in a freezer-proof container.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.8g | Protein: 24.9g | Fat: 4.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 745mg | Fiber: 5.9g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4mg