- 4 cups milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips about 3/4 cup
- 4 1/2 ounces peppermint schnapps more or less per taste (divided)
- sweetened whipped cream and peppermint candies optional
In a medium saucepan heat, 1 cup of the milk over medium heat to simmer
Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate is melted.
Add the remaining milk and whisk until the milk and chocolate is heated. Do not boil.
Add the peppermint schnapps to a cup or a mug and fill with the hot chocolate
Top with sweetened whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies or marshmallows if desired.
- Use higher fat milk for a richer cup of hot chocolate.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips are used for this recipe, but for a light taste of chocolate use half milk chocolate chips and half semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Do not boil the milk.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove to the desired temperature.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.2g | Protein: 13.2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10.3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 187mg | Sugar: 34.8g | Calcium: 387mg | Iron: 2mg