- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces chorizo skinned and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces Mexican cheese blend of Queso, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Quesadilla, and Asadero cheese
- 10 large eggs beaten
- salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet add the olive oil, chorizo, green peppers, and onion. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chorizo is lightly browned.
Add the black beans, spinach, and cheese. Beat the eggs add salt to taste and add to the skillet.
Mix the ingredients together and place the skillet into the preheated oven
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center is set and the edge of the frittata is golden brown.
- A cast-iron skillet works well for making a frittata
- Do not overcook the frittata when the center is set and the edge is golden brown take out of the oven.
- The frittata can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze the frittata for up to 3 months, thaw in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
- It is best to reheat the frittata in the oven rather than the microwave.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.4g | Protein: 25.1g | Fat: 26.6g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 662mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1.3g | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg