- 1 pound pinto beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
Wash/rinse the dried pinto beans. Place into the slow cookers
Add the chopped onion, pepper, garlic, and cummin. Pour the water over the ingredients
Turn the slow cooker to high and cook 6 to 7 hours on low cook 8 to 9 hours or until the beans are tender.
Once the beans are tender remove the excess water. Using an immersible blender or potato masher mash the beans. Add back the reserved water until the right consistency. Season with salt adding a 1/4 teaspoon at a time until the desired flavor.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Rinse/wash beans before adding them to the slow cooker
- Do not add salt until the beans are cooked. Adding salt before cooking can cause the beans to be tough.
- The size of the slow cooker may change the amount of cooking time. Larger slow cookers will cook faster.
- Freeze extra refried beans in an airtight container.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.2g | Fat: 0.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 7.5g | Sugar: 1.7g | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg