- 1 1/2 cups ginger snap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9-inch pan
In a food processor process, ginger snaps cookies into fine crumbs. Use the processor for the pecans as well, to make fine crumbs.
Combine the ginger snaps cookie crumbs, finely chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and butter. Pat into the prepared pan and set aside
In a large bowl combine the sweet potato puree, sugars, salt, and spices with an electric mixer mix until well blended.
Add the cream and egg and mix together. Spread the filling over the crust.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the filling is firm.
Remove from the oven. Turn the oven to broil. Top the bars with the mini marshmallows and place back into the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the marshmallows are browned.
Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Use a food process the ginger snap cookies and pecans into crumbs
- Insert a knife to see is the bars are baked enough, if the knife comes out clean they are ready to take out of the oven.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.4g | Fat: 6.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 94mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 15.5g | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg