- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 6 ounces provolone cheese about 8 slices
- 4 ounces salami about 2 ounces
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 - 4 slices tomato
Butter the outside of 4 slices of bread. Place the bread into a cast-iron skillet or a non-stick skillet. Heat over medium-low heat
Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice of bread. Cover and heat until the cheese start to melt.
Once the cheese starts to melt top the one side of the bread with about 5 slices of salami and spread the salami with one tablespoon of pesto.
Continue to cook until the cheese is nicely melted and the bread is browned. Add the 1 or 2 slices of tomato and place the slice of bread with cheese on top of the side with the tomato.
Press lightly together. Continue to heat until tomato is lightly heated. Serve.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Start out with a cold skillet to slowly heat up the bread.
- Cook over a low heat to prevent the bread from burning before the cheese is melted.
- Put cover on the skillet for faster results.
- Add the tomato last so it does not over cook and become mushy.
Calories: 778kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.1g | Protein: 36.9g | Fat: 51.9g | Saturated Fat: 26.9g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 1819mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 3.9g | Calcium: 748mg | Iron: 3mg