- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into small pieces
- 1/2 large green pepper finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the quinoa using the directions on the package. Once done set aside to cool. As the quinoa is cooling cut up the rest of the ingredients for the salad. Add to the cooled quinoa and mix well.
As the quinoa is being prepared cut up the chicken and the vegetables.
After preparing the vegetables make the dressing. In a jar add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake until well combined.
Once the quinoa is cooled toss in the chicken and vegetables.
Salt and pepper to taste.
After the chicken and vegetables are mixed in give the dressing a couple of more shakes and pour over the salad. Mix until combined.
Nutrition information is an estimate and may vary with brands of ingredients used.
- Make sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking it.
- Once the quinoa is cooked transfer to a large bowl. Fluff every 10 minutes. This will help it to cool faster.
- Add the vegetables and the dressing to the quinoa once it is cooled.
- Store the salad in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.4g | Protein: 21.7g | Fat: 24.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 412mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 1.8g | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg