Turkey Avocado BLT Sandwich, not your ordinary bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, this one tops it off with turkey and avocado.
Turkey avocado BLT sandwich is filling and so delicious, I love the blend of flavors that the turkey and avocado bring.
I have always love tomatoes from the garden during the summer months. One thing that is a must during tomato season is a BLT. There is nothing better than a few crisp slices of bacon with lettuce and fresh juicy tomatoes in the summertime. It makes my mouth water just thinking about that sandwich.
As I have mentioned Mike travels for work and is always telling me about the food that he eats while he is away. This turkey BLT was one that he was anxious to tell me about. I think it may be one of his favorite sandwiches that he has come across of late. And, to tell the truth I have to say that I fell in love with this sandwich as well.
Other things that you can add to a BLT sandwich:
- Instead of lettuce use spinach
Do you love sandwiches? Check these out:
- Italian Turkey Parmesan Grilled Cheese
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Panini
- Grilled Cheese with Beer Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
Turkey Avocado BLT Sandwich
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 4 ounces deli turkey
- 4 slices crisp bacon
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 large leaves of lettuce I used iceberg
- 1 avocado I used half of the avocado
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Toast the bread until golden brown. Spread mayonnaise on both side of the bread.
- Place half of the turkey on top of the bread. Add the bacon on top of the turkey. Add the lettuce, then tomato, and then the avocado. Top it off with the other slice of toast.