These Strawberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars are hard to resist … between the sweet crumbly crust and strawberry cheesecake mixture, they are truly irresistible.
This bar has it all a sweet crumbly crust and topping, cream cheese filling and sweet strawberries, there is nothing about them that you won’t love.
I started making cheesecake a few years ago; I think my sister got me started with them. And, I fell in love with making them and of course eating them.
These bars with the cheesecake centers remind me of those many cheesecakes that I have made. But they are easier to make and take a lot less time in the oven.
- Use chilled butter for the crumb crust.
- Slice the strawberries so that they are thin.
- Have the cream cheese, sour cream, and egg at room temperature. They will cream together easier.
- Bake until the crumb topping is lightly brown and the bars are just about set.
- Cool the bars completely before cutting them. I know it is hard, but they will come out of the pan easier and will not fall apart.
Can you make these bars with other fruit besides strawberries?
To be honest I have not made these bars with other fruits. But I think that raspberries or peaches would work fine.
What is the best way to store these bars?
I would suggest that you store these bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They store well for up to 3 days.
Steps for making Strawberry Crumb Cheesecake Bars:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut the butter into about 8 pieces for each stick of butter and add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or by hand and work the butter in until the butter is incorporated and crumbs form.
Take a little over half of the crumb mix and pat into the prepared baking pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown.
While the crust is baking prepare the cheesecake strawberry filling.
To make the cheesecake filling add the room temperature cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat for about a minute or until fluffy. Add the sugar, egg, sour cream, and vanilla and beat just until smooth. Set aside.
Thinly slice the strawberries and toss with the cornstarch.
Once the crust is baked remove from the oven and spread the cheesecake filling over top of the crust. Sprinkle the sliced strawberries over top of the cheesecake filling. The last step is to sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top of the strawberries.
Place the bars back in the bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the bars are set. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Looking for more easy bar recipes? Check these out:
Strawberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Crumbly crust-
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter should be cold and cut into pieces
- Strawberry filling-
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cheesecake Layer-
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crumbly crust- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13- inch baking pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and mix until blended. Add the pieces of butter to the mixture, with a pastry cutter or by hand work in the butter (I prefer doing this by hand).
- You will want to end up with a mixture of crumbs the size of peas. Take a little more than half of the crumbs and press into the prepared baking pan. Place in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Place the remaining crumbs in the refrigerator to keep cold
- Cream cheese filling- While the bottom crust is baking add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the sugar, sour cream, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Strawberries filling - While the bars are baking in a medium bowl toss the sliced strawberries with the sugar and cornstarch.
- Assembling - Once the bottom crust is baked remove from the oven. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the crust. Take the strawberries and sprinkle evenly over the top of the filling.
- Take the rest of the crust mixture and crumble evenly over the berries. Place bake in the oven and bake 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool before cutting into bars.
- Used chilled butter for the crumb crust.
- Use room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, and egg for the cheesecake filling. This will help to blend the ingredients together easier.
- Cool the bars completely before cutting them.
This recipe was originally published on May 29, 2015. It has been updated with new content and pictures on March 5. 2020.