Smoked Sausage Breakfast Skillet, smoked sausage, potatoes, green peppers, red peppers, and onion come together for a hearty breakfast.
Smoked sausage breakfast skillet isn’t really just for breakfast it also makes a great lunch or dinner. I for one love breakfast foods for dinner, so I have had this one for dinner already.
It would not be a surprise to my family when I say that I am a fan of breakfast. Yep, I have said it on my website several times as well. My mom always said that you need something in the morning to get you going and I guess that I have never forgotten her words.
I remember when Mike and I first got married we would buy a link of smoked sausage and with the leftovers, we would slice the sausage and fry it up with scrambled eggs. It was always a treat.
This smoked sausage breakfast skillet is a take off from that sausage and scrambled eggs of years ago.
If you have this breakfast or dinner, either way, it is a hearty meal that I am sure you will love.
Ways to change this recipe up:
- Scrambled eggs instead of the fried eggs
- Add mushrooms
- Add spinach
- Add some cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
Other egg recipes:
Smoked Sausage Breakfast Skillet
- 2 medium potatoes cubed
- 10 grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green peppers chopped
- 1 cup red peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 7 ounces smoked sausage sliced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons butter`
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a skillet melt the butter over medium heat and add the potatoes. Cook eggs for 5 to 10 minutes or until they are starting to soften slightly.
- Add the peppers and onion and continue to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes Add the sausage and tomatoes and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender and the sausage is heated through. Season the mixture with the celery salt and pepper
- Fry the eggs in another skillet and set on top of the sausage and veggies.