Skillet S’mores Brownies, combines two great desserts into one of the utmost desserts, made with fudgy brownies and topped with marshmallow, chocolate ganache, and crushed graham crackers.
Skillet s’mores brownies are simple to make and loads of fun to eat. I have to confess that they are a bit messy, but that is one of the reasons they are so delicious with all of the gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate.
Last year we added a patio to our backyard. We also purchased a fire pit so we could have fires in the summer when we had the grandchildren come over. Our granddaughter who will turn 6 next month loves making s’mores. Our grandson who is 3 loves to pop the marshmallows as they are into his mouth and eat them.
I have to admit the adults love the s’more just as much as the kids. I mean who doesn’t love a good s’more, right?
I also love brownies, so it got me thinking about combining the two and making one dessert. It has to be one of my most brilliant ideas yet! Really!
The brownies are moist and the marshmallows are gooey. I top the marshmallow with a chocolate ganache and then crushed graham crackers, delicious.
Can you use a boxed brownie mix for this recipe?
I have not tried a box mix for this recipe, but I think that it would work just fine, But, the recipe that I have on this post is super to make and really takes no longer than a box mix to make.
What type of marshmallow should you use for this recipe?
I like the miniature marshmallows for this recipe, but if you prefer the large ones would work too. Just remember that the marshmallows do puff up a lot when they are baked.
Have you made a ganache before? It is really easy.
I made the ganache for this recipe with heavy cream and milk chocolate chips. Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan and heat until a simmer (you don’t want it to come to a boil). Once the heavy cream comes to a simmer remove from the heat, add the chocolate chips, and place the lid on the saucepan. Let it sit until the chocolate chips have melted. Stir until the chocolate chips and the cream are combined. The ganache should be smooth and creamy.
Check out some other chocolate desserts:
Skillet S'mores Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer. Add all the eggs at once and mix in. Mix in the vanilla. Sift the flour and the salt together and blend in.
- Spread the batter in the prepared skillet. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top the brownies with the miniature marshmallow. Place back in the oven and continue to bake about another 5 minutes or until the marshmallow begins to brown.
- While the brownies are baking add the 1/4 cup of cream to a small saucepan. Heat until simmer. Remove from heat and add the milk chocolate chips. Place the cover on the saucepan and set aside. Once the chocolate chips are softened stir the mixture until well blended. Set aside
- Also while the brownies are baking the graham crackers can be crushed. I do not crush them all the way I like to leave small pieces of graham crackers when I crush them.
- Once the marshmallows are slightly browned remove from the oven and drizzle the ganache over top of the marshmallows. Sprinkle the crumbs over top of the ganache. Serve