Roasted potatoes and bell peppers… bites of tender potatoes with green peppers, red peppers, and onions make a side dish that goes well with almost any dinner.
Roasted potatoes and bell peppers a simple side dish that is super easy to make and has great taste.
Potatoes are a thing that our house. We can never get enough of potatoes. I really think when it comes down to it we could eat them three times a day. The nice thing there are so many different ways to make them, that you really can never get tired of them.
Roasting is one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes. It is a simple way to make them and they turn out delicious everytime. This time around I threw some bell peppers and onions into the mix. The peppers and onions are a true delight with the potatoes.
What kind of potatoes can be roasted?
Well, I believe a lot of people feel that Yukon gold potatoes are one of the better potatoes for roasting. I have roasted them and they are a great potato for roasting. But, I have also roasted red potatoes and russets potatoes, which I also enjoy. Which is your favorite potato to roast?
Here are a few nutritional facts about potatoes:
- They are a great source for Vitamin C
- They are a good source for potassium (they actually have more than bananas).
- They are a good source for Vitamin B6
Do you love potatoes? Check out more potato recipes:
Roasted Potatoes and Bell Peppers
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Scrub the potatoes and dry. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place the potatoes into a colander and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels
- Cut the peppers and onion into bite-size pieces as well.
- Place the potatoes, peppers, and onions in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss until the vegetables are coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the Italian season and salt, toss until the vegetables are coated with the seasoning (Note add the Italian season to taste - 1 teaspoon give a little flavor of the Italian seasoning add more seasoning for a more robust flavor).
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. Add the vegetables to the prepared dish and place in an oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees F.
- Roasted the potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes or until they are fork tender and slightly crispy.