Roasted Potatoes and Bell Peppers, perfect bites of tender potatoes with green peppers, red peppers, and onions make a side dish that goes well with almost any dinner.
Roasted potatoes and bell peppers are a simple side dish that is super easy to make and has great taste.
Roasting potatoes is a simple way to make a great-tasting side dish. Adding different vegetables to the potatoes gives great flavor to the side dish. With this recipe, I added green and red peppers and onions. This is one of my favorite ways to make this dish.
- Use the correct type of potatoes for this recipe. Such as Russets, and Yukon Gold work well for roasting
- Try to cut the pieces of potatoes, peppers, and onion so they are similar in size.
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for about 1/2 hour. Dry them thoroughly before roasting them.
- For a crispier potato turn on the broiler the last few minutes. Check frequently so the potatoes don’t burn. Stir occasionally.
- Store leftover potatoes in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat place in the oven at 350 degrees until the desired temperature.
Steps for making Roasted Potatoes and Bell Peppers
Cut the potatoes and soak them in water. Cut the green peppers, red peppers, and onions.
Drain the potatoes and dry them thoroughly. Place the potatoes, peppers, and onions in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil and toss until the vegetables are coated. Add the Italian seasoning and salt and toss in.
Place the vegetables on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with a non-cooking spray. Place in the oven that is preheated to 400 degrees F. for 40 to 50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Do you love potatoes? Check out more potato recipes:
If you make these roasted potatoes and bell peppers, I would love to hear about them! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Roasted Potatoes and Bell Peppers
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the potatoes and dry. Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces. Place the potatoes into a colander and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the peppers and onion into bite-size pieces as well.
- Place the potatoes, peppers, and onions in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss until the vegetables are coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and salt, and toss until the vegetables are coated with the seasoning
- Spray a 10 x 15-inch sheet pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Add the vegetables to the prepared dish and place in an oven that has been preheated
- Roasted the potatoes for 40 to 50 minutes or until they are fork tender and slightly crispy.
- Use a type of roasting potatoes, such as Russets or Yukon Gold.
- Try to cut the potatoes and vegetables in about the same size.
- Note add the Italian season to taste – 1 teaspoon gives a little flavor of the Italian seasoning add more seasoning for a more robust flavor.
- For crispier potatoes turn on the broiler at the end of the roasting time. Check frequently so the potatoes don’t burn.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
This recipe was originally published on October 15, 2018. It has been updated with new content and pictures on May 11, 2023