Roasted pork with a black bean salsa and garlic yogurt sauce served on flatbread makes the perfect sandwich.
I set out to make flatbread last week for the first time. I know that I have made a lot of different kinds of bread before, but flatbread is a bit different. I am used to making buns and loaves of bread but I have never made bread in a skillet.
The bread had a good flavor to it, but I was disappointed that it was as puffy as it was. I wanted my flatbread… well to be flat, not puffy. Now you are probably asking yourself why I am talking about flatbread when my title to this post says roasted pork with black bean salsa and garlic yogurt sauce.
Well, you see I had it in my head that I wanted to make the perfect sandwich with the pork, the black bean salsa, and the garlic yogurt sauce all on my perfect flatbread. Which by the way would have been the perfect sandwich if my flatbread would have turned out the way it did in my head.
Anyway, the sandwich was still pretty amazing even though the flatbread was a bit too puffy (in my book anyway).
I started out with a simple roasted pork tenderloin. It was seasoned with salt and pepper and I threw some onions in for some extra flavoring. I wanted the black bean salsa and garlic yogurt sauce to liven up the sandwich, which it did nicely.
I will be working on the flatbread and when it is perfect and not too puffy I will share the recipe with you. But in the meantime, you can make this roast pork with black bean salsa and garlic yogurt sauce and serve it on your favorite flatbread recipe or pick some flatbread up at the store and serve it on that.
Roasted Pork with Black Bean Salsa and Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds roasted pork tenderloin shredded
- Black bean salsa
- 1 cup black beans 1/2 of 14.5 ounces can of black beans rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn - roasted
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 of a red pepper chopped
- 1/2 of a green pepper chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- Hot sauce to taste I used 5 dashes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon red onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Hot sauce to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Black bean salsa -
- Spread the frozen corn on a baking sheet and place in under the broiler for about 6 minutes or until the corn is starting to brown. Stir about every 2 minutes so that the corn does not burn. Remove from broiler and cool.
- The black beans should be rinsed well before adding them to the salsa.
- Mix together the black beans, roasted corn, garlic, red onion, and red pepper, cumin and lime juice. Gradually add the hot sauce tasting as you go, so that you get the right amount of heat.
- Garlic yogurt sauce-
- Mix together the yogurt, minced garlic, red onion, ground red pepper, oregano. Gradually add the lime juice and hot sauce until you have the perfect flavor.
- To assemble-
- Take a piece of flatbread and add the pork, top with the black bean salsa and garlic yogurt sauce. Fold over the flatbread and enjoy.