Pizza style macaroni & cheese, this is not your everyday recipe.
Before my blogging days I always thought of macaroni and cheese, well as nothing more than macaroni and cheese. You know macaroni and cheese (a white sauce with cheese) mixed together, nothing else. But with this pizza style macaroni & cheese, you have an array of ingredients. Ingredients such as pepperoni, diced tomatoes, two different cheese, and seasonings.
As far as macaroni and cheese it has always been a favorite in our house. At least with my kids and Mike. To be honest with you, I am not a big fan of the plain old macaroni and cheese. But when I added the additional ingredients to liven things up a bit, I found myself falling for this pizza style macaroni & cheese.
I made this pizza style macaroni & cheese when my grandchildren were at the house for dinner. They loved the stuff! My grandson is eighteen months and had a couple of helpings. I guess it would be safe to say that he will be following in the footsteps of my kids. Yes, another macaroni and cheese lover in the family.
This is the time of year that comfort foods are all over the internet. I love comfort foods that are simple to make and you will find that this pizza style macaroni & cheese is both a great comfort food that is simple to make.
How do you like your macaroni and cheese? Do you add more ingredients than the traditional macaroni and cheese?
- 2 cups uncooked pasta I used elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 cup provolone shredded cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni cut into fours
- 1 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box
- In a large skillet melt the butter, add the flour and stir until the mixture becomes thick.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in the pepperoni, drained tomatoes, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir together.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes or until the top starts to bubble.
If you like this recipe, check this one out!