Pizza Sloppy Joes a delicious sandwich that you can make any day of the week. Pizza flavors with lean ground beef, diced tomatoes, green pepper, onions, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning.
Pizza Sloppy Joes, are not your ordinary sloppy joe recipes, but a twist with pizza flavors. This will be a favorite meal that your family will most certainly ask for over and over again.
This is the perfect recipe when you are in a hurry and you want something quick for dinner. The recipe is easy to make, the young and old will enjoy this for dinner.
- Lean ground beef works well for this recipe.
- Add the chopped green pepper and onion with the ground beef, when browning the meat.
- Make sure to chop the green pepper and onion quite fine so it will be cooked throughly.
- Once the ground beef is browned, if there is any grease in the skillet, remove it.
- This recipe has diced tomatoes, if you don’t like chunks of tomatoes in your sloppy joes, use tomato sauce as a replacement.
- Wait to season with salt and pepper until all of the ingredients are added. Add gradually and taste after each addition.
- To reheat leftovers, simple heat in the microwave until desired temperature or heat in a skillet on the stove.
- Store leftover in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- If you want to keep leftovers longer they can be frozen for up to about 3 months.
Steps for making Pizza Sloppy Joes
Add the ground beef, green pepper, and onion to a large skillet. Cook until the beef is browned and the vegetables are tender.
Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning and mix in.
Stir in the mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Check out these other easy meal recipes:
- Easy Hamburger Stew
- Chicken Black Bean Quesadillas
- Easy Tuna Macaroni Salad
- Italian Sausage and Tortellini Skillet
If you make these pizza sloppy joes, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Pizza Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet combine the ground beef, onions, and green peppers. Cook over medium heat until the ground beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning, Mix well. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir in until it melts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Use lean ground beef for this recipe.
- Saute the onions and green peppers with the ground beef, to ensure that they are cooked well.
- Drain any grease that there is after browning the ground beef.
- If you don’t like diced tomatoes, it can be substituted with tomato sauce.
- Wait until all of the ingredients are added and then add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- If you have leftovers , to reheat use the microwave to the desired temperature or place in a skillet and heat on the stove.
This recipe was originally published on September 4, 2017. It has been updated with new content, pictures, and some changes to the recipe on January 26, 2023.
[email protected]'s Recipes
My husband complains that I don’t make sloppy joes as often as he wants…this looks mouthwatering!
David @ Spiced
I love a good sloppy joe! We used to eat them as kids, too, and I don’t think ours were very traditional either. But I remember them being delicious! I love this twist on the classic with the pizza flavors…this one is perfect for chilly Autumn evenings! 🙂
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen
Wow! These sound like such a fun twist on the classic. Delicious!
I like my sloppy Joe’s sturdy as well! This is a must make!
Sloppy Joes and pizza? Two of my childhood favorites. Current favorites too. 🙂 Fun combo of flavors — thanks!
I think my family would really love this twist on sloppy joes! Yum!
Megan | 3 Scoops of Sugar
These sound so delicious! We eat sloppy joes pretty regularly so we are going to have to give these a try!!