Pizza Sloppy Joes a delicious sandwich that you can make any day of the week. Pizza flavors with lean ground beef, diced tomatoes, green pepper, onions, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning.
Pizza Sloppy Joes, not your ordinary sloppy joe recipes, but a twist with pizza flavors. It is nice to change things up once in a while.
We ate sloppy joes when I was a kid at my house. I don’t know if I can say that they were traditional sloppy joes. My mom never bought Manwich or canned versions of this that you add to your hamburger and you’re done.
No, she would buy a can of chicken gumbo condensed soup and mix with a little water and ketchup with the hamburger. Not that I am complaining we all loved these sloppy joes. In fact, I made them over the years for my family.
But as I mentioned it is good to change things up once in a while. These pizza sloppy joes have been in the back of my mind for some time now. I like to do that, I like to think things through and go through my recipe and plan step by step on how I want to prepare something.
Most of the time it works, but there are always those times when things don’t turn out at all the way I had planned them. I would like to say that this time around they were exactly what I wanted.
These are not as “sloppy” as some recipes, we like ours sturdy and something that will stick to the bun. If you like your sandwiches more on the “sloppy” side feel free to add a little beef broth or even a little water to thin them out a bit.
What is your favorite sloppy joe recipe? Mine, well pizza sloppy joes… as least until I think of a new way to make them.
Looking for other sandwich ideas? Take a look at these:
Pizza Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet combine the ground beef, onions, and green peppers. Cook over medium heat until the ground beef is browned and vegetables are soft.
- Season the ground with salt and pepper. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning, Mix well. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir in until it melts.
- Serve on buns