Pizza Roll Up… a little change to your everyday pizza
My family loves eating pizza; especially the homemade stuff. There aren’t too many weeks that go by that we don’t have pizza for at least one of our meals for the week.
But sometimes it is nice to change the shape of the pizza, not that it really changes the flavor at all. Sometimes it is just a fun thing to change things up a bit.
That is what the pizza roll up is all about a little change, but still all the flavor of homemade pizza. It is a good thing.
Pizza Roll Up
2 to 2 1/2 cups of flour
1 package of yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of warm water
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 cup of pizza sauce
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1/2 pound of Italian sausage
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1. In a mixing bowl combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, and mix together. Add the water and butter and mix well. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.
2. After the dough has rested for 5 minutes grease a large pizza pan or a cookie sheet. Pat the dough out to about a 13-inch by 11-inch rectangle.
3. Spread the pizza sauce over about two thirds of the dough, spreading on the long way. Leave about one inch of the dough closest to you without sauce and the one third of the other side without sauce.
4. Layer the remaining ingredients over the sauce, starting with the sausage then the pepperoni, and finishing up with the cheese.
5. Take the dough closest to you and pull over the meat and cheese. Then carefully roll the rest of it up. Making sure that the seam is on the bottom.
6. Spilt the top with a sharp knife. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
7. Bake in a 425 degree F preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
8. Cut into slices and server with additional pizza sauce.