Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, a no-bake easy bar that is sure to be a family favorite.
Peanut butter Rice Krispie treats are one of the bars that I grew up on. When everyone else was making Rice Krispie treats with marshmallows, my mom was making her bars with peanut butter, sugar, and corn syrup.
Let’s face it when the summer’s hot weather rolls in who wants to turn on the oven. Yeah, really a hot oven is not something that is enjoyable in the summer. So, when summer rolls around it is nice to have recipes that don’t require turning on the oven.
That is one of the reasons I love this peanut butter Rice Krispie treats recipe. But the peanut butter and chocolate are a couple more good reasons that I love these bars.
These are as simple to make as the marshmallow ones. Well, maybe even a bit easier because you don’t have all that sticky melted marshmallow clinging to everything. And really they may take less time than the marshmallow do. No waiting for the marshmallow to melt.
This is how the peanut butter Rice Krispie treats are put together. In a heavy saucepan or a Dutch oven combine the sugar and the corn syrup, bring these two ingredients to a boil. Once these ingredients are boiling remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
Once the peanut butter is mixed in stir in the Rice Krispies and pat bars into a pan that has been greased with butter. See how easy that is! The frosting is just as simple all you do is combine chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Melt these three ingredients together and spread over the bars.
That is all it takes to make these yummy treats.
Here are more summer friendly desserts:
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- butter for greasing pan
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- In a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven stir together the light corn syrup and sugar. Over medium heat bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until combined.
- Pat the mixture into a pan that has been greased with butter.
- While the bars are cooling add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter into a saucepan. Over medium to medium-low melt the ingredients together. Stirring continuously until the ingredients are melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread over the bars and cool completely.