Sweet peaches with sugar and cinnamon topped with a sweet crunchy crumble… baked until the peaches are soft and the crumble is crunchy… peach crisp for one.
If I have said it once I have said a ton of times, I love summer fruit. Yeah, I have been trying to pack in as much of the summer fruit as possible before it is gone. The peaches right now are wonderful, I love eating them just as they are, but it is fun to make some dessert with them as well.
If you have read my blog of late, you will see that we are empty nesters. So I am having a bit of a difficult time making desserts. It has been many years that I have been making large desserts for the whole family to enjoy, now that it is just the two us it is not so easy.
It has been a process, but I have been finding a few things to make and enjoy. Like this peach crisp for one. It took a few tries to get to the point that I was happy with it. But I have it to the point that I thought it was worth sharing.
Oh, yeah it makes a nice big dessert, so make sure you save room for all of it.
The peach crisp for one uses one large sweet ripe peach along with flour, sugar, cinnamon, and a dash of ginger. The topping is a sweet crunchy crumble with oats, flour, brown sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and butter. Don’t you think that oats are a must when it comes to crumble? For me, I love the oats in the crumble topping.
If you are hungry for a peach crisp, but don’t want to make a large pan of it try this peach crisp for one.
- 1 large sweet peach
- 3 teaspoon flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of ginger
- 2 tablespoons old fashion oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Extra butter for greasing ramekin/custard cup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease the ramekin/ custard cup and set aside.
- Slice the peach into thin wedges and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger toss until the peaches are well coated and the dry ingredients are all mixed in.
- Place the peach mixture in the prepared ramekin/custard cups
- For the crumble mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, and the dash of cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle the crumble over top of the peaches.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the peaches are soft when testing them with a wooden pick.