Orange Cream Cheese Mousse, a simple dessert that is rich and creamy, and it only has four ingredients. It is simple to make and you are going to love it.
This dessert is light and fluffy, perfect if you are looking for a dessert that is a little lighter, but really it goes well after any meal. You can serve it right after is made or you can make it the day before you want to serve it.
You will be surprised to see how easy it is to make this dessert, and you will be surprised how delicious it turns out. This one will be a family favorite, as it is one that my family loves as well.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese for 30 seconds to a minute before adding any of the other ingredients.
- Keep the whipping cream chilled. Cold cream will whip easier than if it is at room temperature. It does not hurt to have the beater and the bowl chilled also.
- Once the ingredients are whipped together it is best to put into serving bowls. The dessert will set up a bit more after it chills.
- The dessert should be stored in the refrigerator. I like to store them in a container that has an airtight.
- The dessert can stay in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Steps for make Orange Cream Cheese Mousse
Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl and beat until fluffy using an electric mixer.
Add the powdered sugar and beat in until the cream cheese mixture is smooth.
Mix in the orange juice and zest.
In a large bowl add the whipping cream. With clean beaters whip the cream until stiff peaks form
Add the whipped cream to the cream mixture and fold in. Divide into serving dishes.
Looking for more easy desserts? Take a look at these recipes:
If you make this orange cream cheese mousse, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Orange Cream Cheese Mousse
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Once the cream cheese is at room temperature add to a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat in.
- Add the orange juice and orange zest and mix in until well combined.
- Add the whipping cream to another bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold in.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and serve.
- The cream cheese should be at room temperature before making the recipe.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy before adding other ingredients.
- Add to the serving dishes when you are done adding all of the ingredients.
- The dessert can be served right away, but I think it is a bit better if you chill it first.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Store it in an airtight container.
This recipe was originally published on January 22, 2016. It has been updated with new content and pictures, on March 2, 2023