For those busy weeknights what could be better than a dish that you can make in one pot? That is why I love this one pot garlic shrimp and pasta, quick and tasty.
Let’s face it, most nights I come home from work and I am bone-tired, as I am sure many of you are as well. A lot of nights sleep sounds better than eating, but my stomach is usually grumbling and I need something to satisfy the hunger. I am lucky on the nights that Mike is not traveling for work, he gets home before I do and usually has dinner started. But on those nights that he is traveling it is all on my shoulders.
On those nights I like to choose things that I know won’t take hours to make. As I mentioned my stomach is grumbling and I am ready to eat when I come home, so hours will not work. I like shrimp for that fact, you can whip something quite fast and I know it is going to be tasty.
So with this meal, it starts with cooking the angel hair pasta. This angel hair pasta is another ingredient that doesn’t take too long to make. Once the pasta is cooked you dump it in a colander to drain. This is where the one pot meal comes in… the pot that you just cooked the pasta in is used to cook your shrimp. Yay, less dishes to wash.
Heat butter and olive oil together, throw in the garlic and cook for a minute or two. Add the shrimp to the mix and cook until the shrimp turns pink, time may vary on the size of the shrimp. At this point add the pasta back into the pot toss with some parsley and season with salt. Dinner is ready in under a half an hour. Not too bad, right?
Want something quick for the middle of the week meals; try this one pot garlic shrimp and pasta.
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and cleaned
- 8 ounces of angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Salt to taste
- I a large Dutch oven cook the angel hair pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While the water heats and while the pasta is cooking, peel and clean the shrimp (or this can be done ahead of time). Once the shrimp is ready mince the garlic.
- Once the pasta is cooked and is draining in the colander, add the butter and olive oil to the Dutch oven. Once it is heated add the garlic and cook a minute or two, stirring frequently so the garlic does not burn. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, you will want stir them so they cook evenly.
- Once the shrimp is cooked add the cooked pasta back into the Dutch oven along with the parsley. Toss the pasta with the shrimp making sure that you coat the pasta with the garlic mixture on the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Serve immediately.