No-Bake Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies are made with a handful of ingredients and are a family favorite. A simple cookie that you don’t have to turn the oven on for.
This recipe was one that my mom made every year when I was a kid. Then for some reason, the recipe was lost and she didn’t make them for years. Since then it has been found, and once again I have been making this recipe for my family.
When I was a kid we called these cookies mudballs because they look a little bit like that. But don’t let that name fool you, they are delicious. Just a note they are a messy cookie to make, but they are so worth all the mess.
- Do not use sweetened chocolate chips, like semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips for this recipe. The sweetened chocolate will make these cookies too sweet. It is best to use unsweetened or bittersweet baking chocolate.
- You can make your own graham cracker crumbs. Place graham crackers in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
- If you make your own graham cracker crumbs you will need to have 7 whole graham crackers for each cup.
- The melted chocolate should be just warm when you put your finger in it.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before making them into balls
- You can make them the size you like, but I like to make about 2 1/2 to 3-inch balls.
- Roll the cookies into the graham cracker crumbs as soon as you make each ball.
- Place the finished cookies in the refrigerator to firm up the cookies.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Steps for making No-Bake Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
Add the chocolate, sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a medium saucepan. Over medium-low cook until the chocolate is melted.
Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Cool until slightly warm.
Grease a large mixing bowl. Add the crushed graham crackers/graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, and chopped nuts.
Once the chocolate is cooled pour it over the top of the graham cracker crumb mixture and mix until well combined.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Shape into balls and roll in graham cracker crumbs.
Place on parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
If you like cookies, here are some additional recipes you may like:
- Angel Wing Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Amazing Orange Cookies
If you make these no-baked marshmallow chocolate cookies, I would love to hear about them! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
No-bake Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate like Baker's Chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup nuts chopped
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs divided
- Add the unsweetened chocolate, sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until the chocolate is melted and everything is combined. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cool until lukewarm.
- Grease a large mixing bowl and add 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, and the chopped nuts.
- Once the chocolate is cooled pour the cooled chocolate mixture over top of the graham cracker mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- Form into about 3-inch balls. Roll in the remaining graham cracker crumbs and set on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Use unsweetened or bittersweet baking chocolates for these cookies.
- Cream can be used instead of evaporated milk.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes before forming them into balls.
- Store the cookies in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
They look good, almost just like rocky road 🙂
My kids will love these!! Even as adults, they still love marshmallows!!