Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is super moist and really simple to make. This recipe is made with a lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, and a handful of other ingredients.
This is one of the easiest quick bread that I have ever made. It is one of those recipes that you will be making over and over again. And another thing that you will love about it makes two loaves. You can have one for now and freeze one for later.
The bread turns out light and moist. It is great to serve for a quick breakfast, something sweet for brunch, or as a perfect afternoon snack.
- Make sure to preheat the oven before you start mixing the bread together.
- You will want to grease and flour the loaf pans for easy removal of the loaves
- The box of the pudding should be the instant kind, not the cooking kind.
- Use vegetable oil or one that is flavorless.
- To test if the bread is done use a wooden pick to insert in the bread, if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs it is done.
- Let the loaves cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- The bread can be stored on the counter for a few days in an airtight container.
- This bread will freeze well, but make sure that it is in an airtight container for a freezer bag.
Steps for making Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan. Remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Additional quick bread recipes that you may enjoy:
If you make this lemon poppy seed bread I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl
- With an electric mixer mix until everything is well blended, about one minute.
- Pour the batter evenly into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Insert a wooden pick if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs it is done.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 5 or 10 minutes in the loaf pans. Then remove the bread from the pans, place the loaves on the cooling rack and cool completely.
- Any brand of cake mix and pudding will work.
- Make sure to have instant pudding and not the cooking kind.
- The bread can be stored on the counter for a few days.
- The bread freezes well. Put in an airtight container or a freezer bag for freezing.