Lemon Cream Cheese Pie a light creamy pie with just enough lemon tartness to make your lips pucker and the cream cheese gives it a nice tang.
This pie recipe comes together quickly and only has five ingredients in the filling. The perfect dessert when it is too hot to turn on the oven.
I have made this pie several times over the summer and it has been a hit every time. When Mike’s family was visiting I wanted something simple and something that would not take up a lot of my time.
Some of his family came back for a second piece of this pie, which is always a good sign.
This pie tastes amazing all on its own, but I like to top it with fresh fruit and sometimes I add a dollop of sweet whipped cream.
What types of fruits go well with lemon cream cheese pie?
I have served it with fresh strawberries and blueberries, but fresh raspberries, blackberries, or cherries would work great. You can always add your favorite fruits.
My son Jon asked me what makes the pie so light and creamy. The combination of the cream cheese and the whipped cream make this pie a nice light and creamy texture.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes? Check out these sweet recipes:
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- To make the graham cracker crust mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press into an 8 or 9-inch pie pan. The crust can be baked at 375 degrees F for 6 to 9 minutes or if you prefer not to bake it place in the refrigerator until ready to fill. If baking the pie crust cool completely before adding the filling.
- To make the pie: With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until it fluffy. Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat in. Beat in the lemon Juice.
- In another bowl and with clean beaters beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese filling and beat in until the whipped cream and cream cheese are well combined
- Pour the filling in the prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- Top with fresh fruit, sweet whipped cream, or eat as it is.