Jalapeno Mac and Cheese is creamy mac and cheese with a twist to it. This recipe has some heat added to it, with the jalapeno.
This is a family favorite that I have made over and over again. It is a side dish that you can serve with just about anything. You will be surprised how easily it comes together.
I have been making macaroni and cheese forever. My family can’t get enough of it. Then a while back my daughter had ordered macaroni and cheese with jalapeno in it at a restaurant. I decided to make my version of the recipe, and ever since, this is the only mac and cheese my kids ask for.
- Cook the noodles using the directions on the box until al dente.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos.
- Cut the jalapenos into very small pieces or use a food processor.
- Have the cream cheese at room temperature it will blend in easier.
- If you like you can cut the cream cheese into cubes, it will help to get it to melt faster.
- I like to make this in a cast-iron skillet, but if you don’t have one a Dutch oven or a heavy pot will work just as well.
- Taste the dish before seasoning it with salt and pepper. I like to add a little, but you may find that you don’t need to add anything.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- To reheat leftovers, the microwave works well. Heat until the desired temperature.
Steps for making Jalapeno Mac and Cheese
In a large skillet add the butter and chopped jalapeno, and cook until tender.
Add the cream cheese and stir until it is about melted.
Add the heavy cream and milk and blend in with the cream cheese.
Add the cheese and stir until everything melts and blends together. While you are making the cheese sauce cook the macaroni using the directions on the box. Add the cooked macaroni and stir in.
Place in an oven that is preheated to 375 for 15 minutes, until everything is heated through. If you would like to brown the top turn on the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes to brown.
Check out these additional side dishes:
- Roasted Mash Sweet Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potato Skillet
- Easy Mashed Potatoes
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
If you make this Jalapeno Mac and Cheese. I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Jalapeno Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni used the directions on the package.
- In a large skillet add the butter and chopped jalapenos. Sautee over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Stir until it is melted or just about melted.
- Add the heavy cream and milk and mix in until blended.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix until everything is melted and blended together
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir in.
- Taste at this point. If you would like to add salt and pepper add to taste.
- Place in the preheated over for about 15 minutes. If you like to brown the top turn on the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the Jalapenos and cut them into tiny pieces. If you like you can use a food processor for this.
- Have the cream cheese at room temperature.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes, it will help it to melt faster.
- Salt and pepper can be optional. Taste the mac and cheese once you have the cheese melted and blended in to see if you want to add it.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To reheat place in a microwave save a bowl and heat the mac and cheese to the desired temperature.