Italian chicken wraps are filled with juicy tender chicken, pepper, onion, and garlic. It is super easy to make and full of flavor.
This is a one skillet meal that you can make any day of the week. The chicken is tender and juicy and full of flavor. I used green and red peppers not only for the flavor but for the color too. (You know that you eat with our eyes first). When making these wraps you need to have onion and garlic to add flavor. Italian seasoning brings all of the ingredients together.
When it comes to food for Mike and me, we love anything with pepper, onions, and garlic. We love this combination with burgers, brats, and Italian sausage. I don’t believe I have ever made chicken with this combination before.
So when we bought the skinless boneless chicken thighs, I wanted to try something different. This is another one of my recipes that came to me while lying in bed in the middle of the night. I tell you I think the best ideas come to me at this time.
To start this recipe you will want to cook the peppers, onions, and garlic until they are soft. Once they get to this point you will remove them from the skillet and add the chicken thighs and brown them on both sides.
After the chicken is brown you can add the peppers, onions, and garlic back to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper along with Italian seasoning. Once you get to this point the skillet is put in the oven to finish, so make sure you are using a skillet that is oven proof.
Bake until the chicken is no longer pink. Slice and place chicken, peppers, onions, and garlic into soft tortilla shells. Mozzarella can be added to the wraps before serving, but it is optional. They are delicious either way.
If you like chicken check-out these recipes:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 flour tortilla shells
Slice peppers and onion. Mince the garlic.
2. In an oven proof skillet add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
3. Cook the peppers, onions, and garlic until soft about 15 to 20 minutes
4. After the vegetables are soft remove from the skillet and add the chicken thighs.
5. Brown the chicken on both sides about 3 minutes on both sides
6. Add the vegetables back to the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
7. Place in a preheated oven that is set at 375 degrees F.
8. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove the skillet from the oven.
8. Fill the tortilla shells with the chicken, peppers, onions, and garlic, Rolls up tight and serve.