I love french fries! Seriously I could eat them every day of the week, okay after a while I may tire of them, but it would take a long time. I know fried foods are not the healthiest, so I like to find french fry recipes that can be baked. To tell the truth I have not found too many recipes for baked french fries that I love or even like.
When I found this recipe on Just A Pinch, I knew that it would be one to put on my list to try. I have made these french fries a couple of times now and I will tell you it is a recipe that I will make over and over again. They are so simple and tasty, we all just loved them.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you don’t have to turn the fries over while they bake. One of the things that I hate the most about baked french fries is that there are so many recipes that suggest that you take them out of the oven half way through the baking time and flip them over. Really, when you have a pan full of fries flipping them over is so time consuming and just plain difficult. So when I saw the note that there was no need to flip over the french fries during the baking time I was hooked.
The seasoning is terrific on these fries also. The Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper gives these fries an amazing flavor. I promise you the flavor is not boring, it has just a little kick to it, making you wanting more and more of these fries. Looking for an easy recipe for a delicious french fry, try this one you won’t be sorry.
Best Oven Baked Fries (Adapted from Just A Pinch)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 large baking potatoes cut into strips
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese from shaker
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
No stick cooking spray
1. Scrub potatoes, cut cleaned potatoes in desired size strips.
2. After the potatoes are cut into strips place in a bowl of ice water for at least 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step as this makes them crisp.
3. Blot cut potatoes on a clean tea towel to remove moisture
4. Combine all dry ingredients in a plastic bag and combine with potatoes, tossing and kneading lightly to coat.
5. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet that is lined with tin foil and lightly sprayed with your favorite no stick cooking spray. If you like you can lightly spray the tops of the potatoes with the spray as well.
6. Bake the potatoes for about 35 minutes checking on them often. No need to turn while they are baking. Remove from oven when they are golden brown. (If you notice some potatoes getting done sooner than the others you can remove them early and place them in a serving dish). Enjoy.