Easy Garlic Toast made with French bread that’s topped with butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and of course garlic perfect for almost any meal.
Easy garlic toast baked in the oven until lightly browned and slightly crunchy. There is nothing better than a slice of warm garlic toast to go with a meal and there is nothing better than garlic toast that is super easy to make.
I made this easy garlic toast to go with my last post – Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi.
It seems like I talk about bread a lot on this blog. Most of the time I am making my own bread, but there are occasions when I like to pick up a loaf of French bread and dress it up a bit.
In our house, we are known to serve garlic toast with grilled chicken, spaghetti, soup, and the list goes on and on. Really it so easy to make and you change it up in so many different ways. It is delicious any time of the year.
Every year we gather at my mom’s on Memorial Day. We make a turkey on the grill, but the high light of the day is the garlic toast. My sister cuts up several loaves of garlic toast and butter both sides of the bread, she sprinkles each slice generously with garlic salt then fries it in a skillet until brown and crunchy. There are never any slices left at the end of the day.
To make this garlic toast take a loaf of French bread and slice down the middle (lengthwise). You will want your butter soft, but not melted. In a bowl, you will mix the softened butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian season, and minced garlic. You will divide this mixture between the two halves and spread over the bread evenly.
The bread is wrapped in aluminum foil and baked for 20 minutes after the 20 minutes unwrap the bread and bake for an additional 5 minutes. If you prefer a crunchier garlic toast continue to bake until the desired crunchiness.
Looking for recipes that use French or Italian bread purchased at the store? Check these out:
- French Toast Sticks with Apple Syrup
- Spaghetti Stuffed Italian Bread
- Chicken Parmesan French Bread Pizza
Easy Garlic Toast
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut down the center of the loaf (lengthwise). In a bowl combine the softened butter, olive oil, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined
- Divide the butter mixture between the two halves. Spread the mixture evenly over each half. Wrap each half in aluminum foil. Set the bread on a large baking pan and place in the oven.
- Baked for 20 minutes. Unwrap and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the desired crunchiness.