Easy beef enchiladas are stuffed full of ground beef, refried beans, chilis, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, and enchilada sauce they are full of flavor and easy to make.
Easy beef enchiladas are an easy meal that you can make any day of the week. If you like you can prepare the ground beef the day before and heat it up just before you make the enchiladas.
I am excited I finally bought some new lights for taking pictures for my blog. The pictures that you see in this post were taken using the new lights. The brightness of the pictures is not quite what I want. I know that I have my work cut out to get adjusted to using these new lights, so I hope you will bear with will I work on that.
Back to these easy beef enchiladas. My sister-in-law Cathy gave me this recipe years ago. The first time I ate these enchiladas I was at her house and to tell the truth I think it was the first time that I had ever eaten an enchilada. Before we left her house that day I asked her for the recipe, I knew it would be a recipe that would be well used.
These are not your typical enchiladas; the enchilada sauce is added to the inside of the enchiladas instead of pouring it over top. If you decide that you need to have enchilada sauce on the outside you can do that, but I really like having it on the inside of the tortilla. There is also refried beans and lettuce that you will find in the ingredients.
If you are looking for something easy and delicious I think these easy beef enchiladas will be a good fit. You are sure to love them as much as my family loves them.
Here are some other easy Mexican style dishes:
Easy Beef Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- package taco mix
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese divided
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 10 medium flour tortilla shells
- 10 tablespoons sour cream for closing shells
- Spray two 9 by 13-inch baking pans with a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- I a skillet brown the ground beef over medium heat. Add the taco mix according to the package directions.
- Heat the refried beans in the microwave just until they are softened.
- Fill each tortilla with the ground beef mix, refried beans, chilies, tomato, lettuce, and 1 1/4 cup cheese. Divide the ingredients evenly between the tortillas. Pour a small amount of the enchilada sauce over the ingredients in each tortilla.
- Use about one tablespoon of sour cream on the rim of one side of the tortilla shell. Pull the opposite side of the shell to close the enchilada. Press the edge with the sour cream on top of the side that has been pulled over.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place pan in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven take off the aluminum foil. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and place back in the oven until cheese is melted about 2 to 3 minutes.