I remember going to my grandma’s house for Sunday dinners when I was a kid. She always served chicken, usually roasted in the oven. We loved going for those dinners; the food was always excellent and it was always fun to see my grandma. My grandma passed away many years ago, so these are cherished memories.
As an adult I still like eating Chicken on Sundays, maybe because it brings back those memories of my childhood. I am sure that some of you out there grew up eating chicken on Sundays too.
So I am always on the look out for new chicken dishes. I always like the easy ones and the one that I am sharing today can’t get much easier or tastier. If you don’t like the seasonings that are used for the chicken you can always change them, I think the method of baking the chicken is the high point of the recipe.
Crispy Chicken Thighs (Source: adapted from wineandbutter.com)
8 chicken thighs
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and place a cooling rack on the foil.
3. Dry chicken with paper towel.
4. Combine the seasonings on a plate.
5. Roll the chicken in the seasoning. (I rubbed the seasoning on the chicken so it would was well coated)
6. Place the chicken on the cooling rack and place in the oven.
7. Place the chicken into the preheated oven. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes turn the oven down to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until the juices run clear. Baking it a high temperature when placed in the oven crisps up the skin and keeps the juice in. This chicken is very moist and tender.