Grasshopper Shot Ingredients
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Creme de menthe
- Whipping cream
- Chopped chocolate (optional)
- Use an electric mixer for the best result.
- Add only part of the Creme De Menthe to the pudding mix at first and taste. I like to do about half of the amount and then I add more if I want to enhance the taste of the mint.
- Don’t overbeat the pudding. You will be folding in the whipped cream and if the pudding is too thick the whipped cream will not combine with the pudding as well.
- Once you have completed making the pudding add to the service dishes right away. You do not want the pudding setting up in the mixing bowl.
Can you make this pudding so it is kid-friendly?
Yes, you can make this recipe kid-friendly by using mint or peppermint extract. The texture and the flavor will be a bit different than when you are using the Creme De Menthe.
Also, the pudding will not be that pretty green color. A fix for that is to add a few drops of green food coloring to the pudding and stirring/beating it in.
How long will the pudding keep in the refrigerator?
If you are lucky enough to have any leftover you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Steps for Grasshopper Shots:
Combine the pudding milk, and creme de menthe with an electric mixer mix until it starts to thicken.
Whip the whipping cream with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Add the pudding to the whipped cream and fold in.
Fill dessert serving dishes. Top with sweetened whipped cream and chopped chocolate
Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to finish setting up.
Looking for additional dessert recipes? Check the recipes out:
Creme De Menthe Grasshopper Pudding Shots
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup creme de menthe
- 8 ounces whipping cream more if you want to top the pudding with whipped cream
- chopped chocolate optional
- Combine the pudding, milk, and creme de menthe and blend with an electric mixer just until it begins to thicken a little. (note 1)
- With clean beaters beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks.
- Add the pudding mixture to the whipped cream and fold in the pudding.
- Fill dessert dishes. Top with sweetened whipped topping and chopped chocolate if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to let the pudding set up.
- Add only 1/4 cup of the creme de menthe to the pudding and mix just a little and taste. If you desire more of a mint taste and the remaining 1/4 cup or desired amount.
- For a kid-friendly dessert use mint or peppermint extract. The texture and flavor will be a bit different but you will still get that great minty flavor. If you want the dessert to have that pretty green color just add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour before serving to let the dessert set up.
- The pudding can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.