Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi a delish dish full of flavor that comes together in less than an hour perfect for any day of the week.
Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken gnocchi, tender bites of chicken in a creamy sauce with heavy cream, chicken broth, and white wine flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
We have been hit with a stretch of cold weather here in the upper midwest. There have been a few days that I don’t think we got above zero. Brrr… On these days I like to make something that is hearty and warm us up no matter how cold the weather becomes.
It wasn’t until recently that I started eating gnocchi. Not only is this delicious to eat it is also fun to say. Mike was actually the one that said to me that I should make something with gnocchi since we both love the stuff.
My niece got married this past summer and for the dinner at the reception, the bride and groom had three different serving stations for food. One of the stations had French food, the other serving station had food from the state where the bride and groom are from, and then there was an Italian station. The Italian station had a dish with gnocchi. I think Mike has had gnocchi on his mind ever since their wedding. Fun stuff!
This dish is one of those hearty and sticks to your ribs kind of meals. It is simple to make and it comes together quickly. The garlic, sun-dried tomatoes along with the white wine, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning will make your taste buds extra happy.
Hows the weather at your neck of the woods? If you are looking for a hearty tasty dish may I suggest creamy sun-dried tomato chicken gnocchi?
Here are more hearty dishes to get you through the cold weather:
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Gnocchi
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound gnocchi
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the gnocchi according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside. This can be done while the chicken and sauce are being prepared.
- In a large skillet add two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Season the chicken that has been cut into bite-size pieces with salt and pepper (to taste). Add the chicken to the skillet. Cut for 8 to 10 minute or until it is no longer pink inside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through remove from the skillet. Add the two tablespoons of butter and melt. To this add, the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes cook for a minute or two. Add the flour and stir until the flour is blended into the garlic and tomatoes.
- Slowly add the heavy cream stirring constantly. Followed by adding the chicken broth and wine.Stir in the Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. The sauce should be slightly thickened at this point.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir in. Toss in the cooked gnocchi. Season with additional salt and pepper is needed. Simmer a minute or two to bring warm the chicken and gnocchi
- Serve with a crusty bread.