Cream Cheese Brownies combine fudgy brownies and a creamy cream cheese filling. These are delicious and they will not last long.
These brownies are simple to make and I know that you will make them over and over again. You will be amazed at how good they are. It is like eating a candy bar.
The brownies and the cheesecake filling are swirled together, then topped with chocolate chips and chopped nuts. They freeze very well if you want to save some for another day, which I like to do otherwise I would eat them way too fast.
- Use eggs and cream cheese that is at room temperature.
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips for a more intense chocolate flavor. I have made these with milk chocolate and they are a little sweeter.
- Make the cream cheese filling first. If making the chocolate batter it will thicken and the cream cheese will be hard to swirl into the brownie batter.
- Don’t overbake. Use a toothpick for inserting in the center, if it comes out with a few crumbs the brownies are done. The cream cheese should be lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting. I know it is hard to wait, but they are easier to cut when they are cooled.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container on the counter for 3 to 4 days.
- They freeze well. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Steps for Making Cream Cheese Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9 baking dish.
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the sugar and beat in.
Add the egg and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and mix in. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan add chocolate chips and butter. Melt over medium-low heat.
Remove from the heat and mix in the sugar. Mix the eggs in one at a time.
Add the vanilla and mix in. Add the flour and salt and mix just until combined.
Spread the batter into the prepared dish, reserving 1/2 cup of the batter.
Spread the cream cheese filling over top of the brownie batter. With the reserved batter drop spoonfuls over the top of the batter.
Swirl the spoonful of batter into the cream cheese filling. Top with the remaining chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
For more sweet recipes check out these recipes:
If you make these cream cheese brownies, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9-inch pan
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese. With an electric mixer beat until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and mix just until the egg is mixed in. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan add the butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Over medium-low heat melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the sugar and mix in. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until blended in. Stir in the vanilla
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the batter. Spread the remaining batter in the prepared pan.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the top of the brownie batter.
- Drop the reserved brownie batter by spoonfuls over top of the cream cheese filling. Use a knife to swirl the brownie batter through the cream cheese filling.
- Place the brownies in the preheated oven and bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until the cream cheese is lightly brown and when you insert a wooden pick in the center of the bars and it comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Use room-temperature eggs and cream cheese for the cream cheese filling.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips work best for these brownies. Milk chocolate chips can be used, but they will have a light chocolate flavor and will be a bit sweeter.
- Make the cream cheese mixture before the brownie batter. The batter likes to stiffen after it sets a while and it will be harder to swirl the brownie batter into the cream cheese mixture.
- Store the brownies on the counter in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
- These brownies freeze well. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.