Cranberry Fluffy Salad the perfect salad to serve with your turkey or ham this holiday season. Made with only five ingredients for a super simple, but delicious salad.
My family has always had some kind of fruit salad when it comes to dinners for holidays or other celebrations. The salads usually include jello and whipped cream or cool whip with a variety of fruits, and sometimes marshmallows.
I guess I could say it would not be a celebration without that kind of salad. Today I am sharing a fruit salad, somewhat different than my family would serve, but kind of similar in ways too.
The fresh ground cranberries offer a bit of tartness to the salad that is sweetened with sugar, pineapples, and marshmallows and pecan add a perfect little crunch.
Ingredients for Cranberry Fluff Salad:
- Fresh cranberries
- Whipping cream
Tips for the best results:
- Make sure your cranberries are fresh. Pull out any cranberries that are squishy or soft.
- Don’t use frozen cranberries for this recipe
- Use whipping cream for this recipe, not a nondairy whipped topping
- You can use can pineapple, but I would recommend the canned pineapple tidbits instead of the pineapple chunks.
- If you don’t like the pecans you can substitute walnuts. If you don’t like nuts at all they could be omitted, but I would recommend adding them to the salad.
Steps for making this recipe:
In a food processor chop/grind the cranberries. You will want the cranberries to be quite fine, no large pieces. Add the chopped cranberries to a bowl and combine with the sugar. Cover the cranberries and put in the refrigerator for at least one hour, the best is to do it overnight.
After the cranberries have been refrigerator for at least one hour drain any excess liquid. Mix in the pineapple, marshmallow, and pecans
Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the salad until everything is well combined.
Can the Cranberry Fluff Salad be made in advance?
Yes, you can make it the day before if you like. Just make sure to store it in the refrigerator.
How long does it last?
I have stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and it still is good. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving.
Looking for more fruit salad recipes? Check these recipes out:
Cranberry Fluff Salad
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Using a food processor, process the cranberries until the pieces are quite fine. Add the sugar and stir in. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Once the cranberries have been refrigerated for at least one hour remove the excess liquid. Add the pineapple tidbits (if using canned pineapple make sure to drain the liquid), marshmallow, and pecan. Stir until well combined.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use fresh cranberries, remove any squishy or soft cranberries
- After the chopped cranberries and sugar are ready for the remaining ingredients remove any excess liquid.
- When using canned pineapple drain the juice thoroughly.
- Can be made the day before the salad is served.