Chocolate Mint Cookies are a soft tender cookie with just the right amount of mint added. These mint cookies also have some Andes mints and milk chocolate chips to make them the best mint cookie I have eaten.
It is hard to believe the holidays are just around the corner. One of my favorite combinations for Christmas is chocolate and mint. We usually have some Andes mints hidden away to serve for Christmas day.
I also have to make sure that there are enough for these chocolate mint cookies too. It just would not be Christmas if there was no chocolate and mint to go around.
- Brown Sugar
- Mint extract
- Baking Soda
- Andes mints
- Milk chocolate chips
- Use butter and eggs that are at room temperature. The room temperature butter and eggs will mix better into the batter. Take the butter and eggs out of the refrigerator one to two hours before you will bake with them.
- No need to sift the flour and cocoa together, this will save you time.
- When chopping the Andies mints don’t make them too small, too small of pieces may melt into the cookie.
- Use quality chocolate chips for a better chocolate flavor.
- Don’t over bake the cookies, once they are set over top remove from the oven. Let them set on the baking pan for a minute or two to allow the cookies to finish baking.
- These cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Steps for making chocolate mint cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line the baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix them in. Mix in the vanilla.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt add to the cookie dough and mix in. Stir in the chopped Andies mint and chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Here are some additional cookie recipes:
Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 28 Andes Mints about 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the baking pans or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix them in. Mix in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt add to the dough and mix in.
- Drop by a rounded teaspoon and the prepared baking pan. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- Use eggs and butter that are room temperature.
- Don't chop the Andies mints too small, use larger pieces.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.