Chocolate Brownie Truffles are made with brownies, cream cheese, and chocolate chips. I like making them for holidays, special occasions, or when I need a chocolate fix.
Chocolate brownie truffles are made with brownies, cream cheese, mini chocolate chips, and melted milk chocolate chips for coating the truffles. You probably have these ingredients in your kitchen right now.
Regarding recipes, this is a simple one; believe me, these truffles will be a hit with everyone. You may want to hide a few for yourself because they will be all gone before you know it. You can use the brownie recipe that I have below or you can use your favorite brownie recipe.
- I have a recipe included for the brownies, but you can use your favorite brownie recipe if you prefer. You will need a 9 by 13-inch pan of brownies.
- Use a knife to break apart the brownies. You will want to do this before adding the cream cheese.
- The cream cheese will need to be at room temperature. If the cream cheese is too cold it will not mix into the brownies.
- Do not forget to add the shortening for the milk chocolate. This will help thin the chocolate and make it easier to coat the brownie truffles.
- When coating the truffles with the melted chocolate let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Once the truffles are coated with the melted chocolate, if there is any chocolate leftover I like to drizzle it over top of the candies.
- The number of truffles may vary, depending on the size that you make them.
- Once the truffles are coated in the chocolate set them in the refrigerator for the chocolate to set.
- The truffles are best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- The truffles freeze well. They can be frozen for up to three months.
Ingredients for this recipe:
- Baked Brownies
- Cream Cheese
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips
Steps for making chocolate brownie truffles
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
In a large saucepan, add the cocoa and butter. Heat over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and combined with the cocoa.
Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
Add the flour to the batter and stir until it is mixed in. Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
Once the brownies are baked and cooled use a fork to break up the brownies. Place the crumbled brownies in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cream cheese and mini chocolate chips. Form into about 1.5-inch balls.
Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together.
When the melted chocolate is ready dip the balls into the chocolate and coat well. Place on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
Love chocolate? Check these recipes out:
- Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Baked Chocolate Pudding
- No-Bake Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
If you make these chocolate brownie truffles, I would love to hear about them! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Chocolate Brownie Truffles
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter and cocoa. Over medium heat, melt the butter and cocoa until the butter is melted and the cocoa is blended.
- Mix in the sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time until blended. Stir in the vanilla.
- Take the cream cheese that is at room temperature and beat slightly. Add to the crumbled brownies. By hand mix the cream cheese into the brownie until well incorporated.
- Stir in the flour. Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges slightly pull away from the edges.
- Once the brownies are cooled. Break apart the brownies into small pieces with a fork.
- Roll into about 1.5-inch balls and set aside.
- Place the milk chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave bowl. Use the microwave and heat for about 20 seconds at a time, stir after each 20 seconds chocolate is melted.
- Using a fork dip the truffles into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off before placing them on parchment paper.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator for about an hour to harden the chocolate.
- The recipe on this post works well for the truffles. You will need a 9 by 13-inch pan if you use your favorite recipe.
- Cool the brownies completely before breaking them apart.
- A fork is the best utensil for crumbling the brownies.
- The amount of truffles may vary depending on the size of the truffles.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator.
- The brownie truffles freeze well. Use an airtight container if freezing them.
This recipe was originally published on February 12, 2018. It has been updated with new content and pictures on November 30, 2023.