Chicken Salad a simple to make, but tasty sandwich filling that everyone will love. This creamy chicken salad is made with cooked chicken, onion, celery, green pepper, celery salt, Dijon mustard, and mayo.
Give me a sandwich any day of the week and I will be a happy camper. I have always loved a good sandwich, and this chicken salad is at the top of the list.
To tell the truth I could have this chicken recipe every week and never get tired of it.
- If you prefer not to used cooked chicken you can use rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or even if you have leftover baked chicken.
- I like serving this chicken salad on a crusty roll or a couple of slices of toast. If you prefer you can serve it on a top of a bed of lettuce or stuff it in a hollowed-out tomato or the sky is the limit.
- For a little bit of sweetness add grapes, craisins, or apples. For a little extra crunch add some nuts like chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- I have added celery salt to this recipe, but you can change up the seasoning to make it your own.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. So you can make it on Monday and have a whole week of sandwiches. I love this.
- I would not recommend freezing it.
Steps for making Chicken Salad:
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Chop the onion, green pepper, and celery.
Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Serve on your favorite roll or bread.
Looking for other easy sandwiches or lunch ideas? Check out these recipes:
- 2 large chicken breast cooked about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup mayo
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Chop the onion, celery, and green pepper. I like to chop them so they are finely chopped, but if you like larger pieces that will work.
- Add the chicken, onion, celery, green pepper, celery salt, Dijon mustard, and mayo in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Serve with your favorite bread or on a bed of lettuce.
- I like to use cooked chicken for this recipe, but you can use rotisserie, leftover, or canned for this recipe.
- For a little sweetness add craisin, grapes, or apples.
- For a little extra crunch add your favorite nut.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. I would not recommend freezing this.