Chicken Parmesan French Bread Pizza a simple delicious pizza ready in under 30 minutes that combines chicken parmesan and pizza all into one.
Chicken Parmesan pizza, pizza sauce, bites of breaded chicken, and mozzarella all on top toasted French bread.
Do you ever find yourself thinking what the heck and am I going to make for dinner? I do this all the time. And as a blogger, it is a big deal trying to come up with new ideas that not only your family (or in my case Mike) will love, but also the people reading this blog.
There are days when sitting at my desk at work I have recipe ideas running through the back of my mind. This is one of those recipes I was thinking about at work one day.
I like to plan out the way that I would put the recipe together, what ingredients I would need, and then I hope that the whole thing can come together as I envision it.
Don’t worry I do get my work done during the day… I am great at multitasking.
Some of those recipes work out well; while other turns out to be flops. I would like to report that this is one of the recipes that turned out exactly the way that I hoped it would be. It is always so exciting when that happens.
So for this recipe, I decided to use French bread instead of pizza crust. The French bread is toasted first so that the pizza sauce does soak into the break and make soggy. The chicken is cut into small pieces, coated with Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, then it is fried in olive oil until it is no longer pink.
Once the French bread is toasted and the chicken is cooked top the bread with the pizza sauce, then chicken. and then the mozzarella cheese. Place the pizza under the broiler and heat until the cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy!
Other easy meal ideas:
Chicken Parmesan French Bread Pizza
- 1 large Chicken breast
- 14 ounce French bread
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breast into about 1/4-inch pieces
- Cut the loaf of French bread the full length of the bread and then cut the top and the bottom into two. You will have enough to make four French Bread pieces. Brush the tops of each French bread with about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for the 5 minutes until the bread starts to brown.
- Place the Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a zip-lock bag. Add the chicken until the chicken is coated. While the bread is baking heat about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken is no longer pink about 5 minutes.
- Remove the French bread from the oven and top with pizza sauce, about 1/4 cup for each pizza. Spread the chicken over top of the pizza sauce, and then top with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Turn on the broiler and place the pizza under the broiler. Broil until the cheese is melted about 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.