Chicken Flavored Egg Noodles with Butter and Garlic is a simple side dish that is easy and quick to make. Sometimes simple dishes are the family’s favorite.
My family loves butter noodles, this recipe goes a step further than just adding butter to cooked noodles. The recipe adds additional flavor to the noodles for something a little different.
One thing about egg noodles they are simple to make, and they will go with about any meal that you prepare. Plus, most people love to eat noodles with a meal, at least my family does.
- I like to use low-sodium chicken broth for cooking the noodles. I do add the bouillon that has sodium, so I would not add additional salt to the water.
- Use 1 quart of broth and 1 quart of water for cooking the noodles.
- Make sure to have a large enough kettle to boil the noodle in.
- Use the directions on the package for cooking the noodles.
- Taste-test the noodles to see if they are done. I would test them a couple of minutes earlier than what the time is on the package.
- I like to use salted butter for the noodles. I think that the salted butter will give the noodle a better flavor than unsalted.
- I used all butter in the recipe. I have also used 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, which works well too.
- If the noodles need additional salt, add after the butter and garlic are added.
- Store leftover noodles in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Steps for making
In a large kettle add the chicken broth and bouillon cubes. Follow the directions on the noodle package.
While the noodles are cooking, prepare the butter and garlic. Add the butter, garlic, and parsley to a skillet and cook until the butter is melted and the garlic is heated through. The garlic does not have to brown.
Once the noodles are cooked, drain the chicken broth and water mixture. Add the noodles back to the kettle.
Add the butter and garlic mixture to the noodles and toss until all of the noodles are coated with the butter mixture. Serve immediately.
Take a look at these additional side dishes:
If you make these Chicken Flavored Egg Noodles with Butter and Garlic, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Chicken Flavored Egg Noodles with Butter and Garlic
- 3 cups egg noodles 6 ounces
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley optional
- Add the chicken broth, water, and chicken bouillon cubes to a large kettle. Follow the direction on the package for cooking the noodles,
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the butter and garlic. In a skillet add the butter, garlic, and parsley heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the garlic is heated through.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain the noodles in a colander.
- Place the noodles back in the kettle. Add the melted butter, garlic, and parsley and toss until the noodles are coated with the butter mixture. Serve immediately.
- Use a large kettle to cook the noodles. If you use too small of one you may have trouble with water cooking over.
- Use low-sodium chicken broth for a healthier side dish.
- The best practice is to follow the directions on the package.
- Test the noodles for doneness a minute or two before the directions say they will be done. Do not overcook the noodles.
- If the noodles need salt add it after, the butter and garlic mixture has been added.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
This recipe was originally published on October 21, 2014. It has been updated with new content, pictures, and some changes to the recipe on January 19, 2023.