Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is an easy meal that will be on the table before you know it and the whole family will be asking you to make it over and over again.
Cheeseburger pasta skillet is one of those comfort meals that you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now. It is super easy to make and as the kids head back to school this fall it is one of the meals that come together quickly.
It is nice to have grown children, not that I didn’t enjoy them when they were little because I really did. But now that they are adults I will ask my daughters if they have any new recipes. You know as a blogger I am always looking for new ideas and my daughters have given me some great ideas from time to time.
A few weeks ago, my daughter Lisa told me about a cheeseburger skillet that she likes to make for her family. She is a busy lady with two small children, a husband, and is an elementary teacher.
It was something that I thought that Mike and I would really enjoy, so I put it on my list to make. I did change it up just a bit from how she makes it, but I used all of the ingredients that she suggested that goes into her recipe, I added a few more.
The cheeseburger pasta skillet has only a few simple steps before you are able to set it on the table for your family.
As I mentioned before you probably have everything in your kitchen for this meal right. I thought of all of the things that usually add to my cheeseburger and added it to the skillet meal.
So you will find onion, tomato, ketchup, mustard, and pickle juice… yes pickle juice. I thought about pickles, but I wasn’t quite sure how the texture of pickles would be. The pickle juice comes shining through in the flavor of the skillet and gives the dish a whole different flavor.
And the nice thing about this is you can add or subtract ingredients to make this recipe your own.
So as the kids head back to school and you are looking for a quick dinner recipe I hope that you try this cheeseburger pasta skillet recipe.
Looking for other easy dinner ideas? Check these out:
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- 1 1/4 pounds hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni or other pasta
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet add the hamburger and onion, cook until the hamburger is longer pink and the onions are soft.
- While the hamburger is browning cook your pasta according to the directions on the box. Once the pasta is done drain the water.
- Once the hamburger is browned add the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle juice and stir in.
- Add the pasta and cheddar cheese, stir until the cheese is melted. Fold in the fresh tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve