Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet is an easy meal that will be on the table before you know it. This recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now.
Cheeseburger pasta skillet is one of those comfort meals that you can make any day/night of the week. This dish only has a few simple steps before you are able to set it on the table for your family. It should be ready in no more than 30 minutes.
I love making skillet meals like this one. As I mentioned they are super simple to make and they are so tasty. There will never be any complaints about what is being served for dinner when the cheeseburger skillet is on the menu for the evening.
- Use hamburger that is thawed, never start with frozen hamburger
- Add the onions to the hamburger in the skillet and cook together.
- Drain any extra grease after the hamburger is browned.
- Do not overcook the pasta before adding it to the skillet. The pasta will continue to cook a bit once it is added to the skillet.
- I use pickle relish in this dish, if you don’t have any you can use pickle juice or chopped pickles. If you are using the pickle juice use about a tablespoon.
- Once the recipe is complete, taste to see if you need to add any salt or pepper.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Steps for making Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
Add the hamburger and onions to a large skillet.
While the hamburger is browning cook the macaroni noodles. Make sure to cook a minute or two less than the directions on the boxes says.
Once the hamburger is browned add the tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle relish. Stir in until well combined.
Add the cheese and noodles and stir in. Simmer until everything is heated.
Looking for other easy dinner ideas? Check these out:
If you make this Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
- 1 pounds hamburger
- 1 medium onion
- 4.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup uncooked macaroni or other pasta
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet add the hamburger and onion, cook until the hamburger is longer pink and the onions are soft.
- While the hamburger is browning cook your pasta according to the directions on the box, cooking one or two minutes less. Once the pasta is done drain the water.
- Once the hamburger is browned add the diced tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pickle relish and stir in.
- Add the pasta and cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Simmer until everything is heated. Serve.
- Cook the hamburger and onions together in a skillet.
- After browning the hamburger drain any excess grease.
- Cook the noodles a minuter or two than what the directions on the package. Once the noodles are added to the dish the noodles will finish cooking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe was originally published onAugust 28, 2017. It has been updated with new content and pictures on May 5, 2022.