Caramel stuffed peanut butter cookie cups are now my all-time favorite cookies.
It’s no joke; I have fallen in love with these caramel stuffed peanut butter cookie cups. You may have heard me say that I have fallen in love with a recipe a time or two before, but these cookies are to die for.
I am one of those people that crave peanut butter. You give me a peanut butter cookie and I am a happy lady! But it’s funny… my kids all loves peanut butter as much as I do, but if I make peanut butter cookies, no one eats them. Well, that may not be true, but they are not crazy about them. I could eat the batch of plain peanut butter cookies by myself, something I really should not do.
So I have been kicking around the idea of dressing up those plain old peanut butter cookies into something magical. And I have accomplished my mission with these caramel stuffed peanut butter cookie cups.
Not only is there caramel stuffed in this caramel stuffed peanut butter cookie cups, but there are peanuts and pretzels nestled on top of the caramel and tucked under the chocolate. I don’t think I will have to worry about my kid’s not eating these cookies.
I have added this caramel stuffed cookie to my Christmas cookie list that is how good they are.
Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Caramel filling-
- 1 13 ounce bag of individually wrapped caramels
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Chocolate topping-
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Additional chopped peanuts optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix in.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix until all is combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini muffin tins.
- Roll the dough into 48 1-inch balls. Place balls into greased tins.
- Bake cookies 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and make a well in the center of each cookie (I used the bottom handle of a whisk. You want the well to make up the whole center of the cookie)
- Cool, the cookies.
- While the cookies are cooling, unwrap the caramels and add them to a medium saucepan with the cream. Stirring constantly melt them over medium-low heat until they are completely melted.
- While the caramel is hot, spoon it into the cookie wells, filling the cookies about 3/4 of the way.
- Take the chopped pretzels and peanuts and mix together. sprinkle a small amount of the mixture over the caramel.
- Once the peanuts and pretzels are added to the cookies, melt the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate chips and shortening to microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate, in short intervals (about 20 seconds) and stirring each time.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the chopped pretzels and peanuts.
- Sprinkle with additional peanuts if desired
If you like this recipe check this cookie recipe!