Win over your fussiest eaters with this breaded Parmesan cauliflower
It has never been an easy task to get my family to eat their vegetables. Even now when they are adults some of them are still not too fond of vegetables. Even myself if I had my choice between vegetables or fruits, I would probably pick fruits. So I like to keep my eye out for veggie recipes that will temp them to eat more vegetables.
When I saw this recipe for breaded cauliflower with Parmesan cheese I decided that even my fussiest vegetables eaters could not resist at least trying a bite of this. Cheese is a good thing when it comes to my family especially Parmesan cheese.
The breading with the Parmesan cheese was a good thing. I heard comments like “yeah this is pretty good” and “I like this cauliflower” These are words that are rarely spoken in my house when it comes to cauliflower, so I will have to say that this was a winner.
This is simple to make and really doesn’t take much effort. The original recipe called for the cauliflower to be fried in butter, but I opted to bake it for a bit healthier dish.
Breaded Parmesan Cauliflower (Source: adapted from Taste of Home)
1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
Heat oven to 400 degrees F
1. Place the cauliflower and a small amount of water in a pan, cover and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling simmer until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. I a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Add the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese to a resealable plastic bag.
3. Add the cauliflower florets to the egg mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to the crumb mixture and shake bag to coat the cauliflower.
4. Line a sided baking dish (such as a jelly roll pan) with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with a nonstick cooking spray. Place the cauliflower on the baking dish in a single layer.
5. Place in a preheated 400 degree F oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve immediately.