Blueberry cream cheese bars, a sweet fruity bar that is sure to please any sweet tooth. The blueberries are sweet and juicy and the cream cheese gives these bars a little tang.
I love baking with fresh blueberries, these berries give every baked item a wonderful flavor. You’re going to love the combination of the blueberries, crumble, and cream cheese.
The bars are simple to make, only a few simple steps. This is something that the whole family enjoys. Plus the fact that it is blueberry season is another a good reason to share this delicious dessert.
- Make sure to have the butter, cream cheese, and egg at room temperature. This will make the whole process of mixing ingredients together so much easier.
- Use old fashion oats for a chewier crumble. I like the whole grain oat kernels for this recipe. If you want something a little lighter use quick oats.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown and just so the cream cheese is set.
- Keep the bars in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Step for making Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9-inch pan.
Prepare the crumble for the crust and the topping. Combine the flour, old fashion oats, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and salt and mix together. Add the butter and cut in until it is blended.
Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the crumble for the topping. Press the remaining crumble into the prepared baking pan.
Place the baking pan into the preheated oven and bake the crust for 8 minutes or until set.
While the crust is baking prepare the filling.
With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese for a minute or two add the sugar and mix until well combined. Add the egg and almond extract and mix in until blended. Fold in the blueberries.
Once the crust is baked remove from the oven. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust.
Crumble the reserved oat topping over the top of the filling. Return to the oven and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the filling is set 37 to 42 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Here are more easy bar recipes:
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, sugars, salt, and oats mix together. Add the butter and by fork or hand mix the butter with the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the oats mixture for the topping. Press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan. Place this in the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until set.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Beat the cream cheese and the sugar with an electric mix. Add the egg and almond extract mix until blended. Fold in the blueberries.
- Once the crust is done baking remove from oven. Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust.
- Crumble the reserved oat mixture over the top of the filling. Return to the oven and bake for another 37 to 42 minutes until the bars are lightly browned.
- Make sure to have the cream cheese, butter, and egg at room temperature for easier mixing.
- Use old fashion oats for this recipe.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Cool completely before cutting the bars for easier serving.
This recipe was originally published on July 17, 2015. It has been updated with new content and pictures on June 25, 2020.